Founded in 1958 by Lamont (Bud) Brine, Brine's began and continues to be a family owned and operated business. Established as a service-oriented meat market on Main Street in downtown Stillwater, Minnesota, Brine's facilities and product offerings have expanded over the past 43 years to meet changing consumer needs.
Bud Brine started the business with a small meat market on Main Street in downtown Stillwater. At the time the food industry was heading towards prepackaged meats and self-service. Bud believed consumers would continue to buy fresh cuts of meat and appreciate personal service. He was right.
In 1974 Bud moved his butcher shop across the street to 219 South Main Street, occupying a historic building built in 1880. What began as a meat market grew into a much larger business also incorporating a restaurant and bar.
Unfortunately the winter of 1982 brought disaster to Brine's when a fire destroyed the facilities, and tragically two firemen lost their lives. While the building suffered heavy smoke and water damages, the family worked diligently to rebuild and make the business bigger and better.
The early 1990s brought changes in retail shopping in downtown Stillwater and an expansion in Brine's Market. In 1991, the market moved from downtown Stillwater to 1790 Washington Avenue. The new, larger facility brought an opportunity to expand the butcher shop to a full service meat Market & Deli. The new facilities also include an extensive bakery, fresh produce, gourmet retail products, and a catering facility. The move in turn prompted changes in the downtown facility. Brine's main street location was remodeled so that a bar is on the ground floor, the restaurant on the second floor, and the third floor was converted to a banquet room.
|Home | Market | Restaurant | Catering|
Site Design © 2001 Mouse Works Media
Site Contents © 2001-2004 Brine's Stillwater